Sporting Superstars: Week 19
There was plenty to get excited about in the Radnor Sports department last week with a packed fixture list, the launch of our parent fitness sessions with Ricky Ingram and our sports kit (now available at Horncastles) taking pride of place in their window on Sevenoaks High Street.
ISA Cross-Country Championships
- Wednesday saw Radnor Sevenoaks enter their first ever ISA Cross Country Competition and the athletes competed superbly. A race of 1600 metres was the order of the day and with over 20 schools taking part, it was a great spectacle. All the students ran superbly and some had excellent times, but two athletes, in particular, stole the show. Jack (first place!) and Ryan both put in tremendous runs, qualifying them both for the National finals this week in Rugby. We’re all very proud of our wonderful athletes!
- Wednesday saw the U12’s in action at the Kent Netball Tournament. There were some excellent performances as the team won 3, drew 1 and lost 2. Overall, they finished a commendable third in their group and Miss Frizoni was particularly impressed with the team’s demonstration of the school’s values in action.
- On Thursday, the U14’s clocked up ANOTHER win with a solid 20-11 victory vs Beechwood. Ella was nominated as star player, but it was also a great all-round performance with some excellent shooting, passing and defensive play.
- The netballing week was rounded off with an excellent performance from the Under 9’s in the St Michael’s tournament. The girls showed some excellent skills and plenty of team spirit and were rewarded with 4 wins. Well done girls!
- Girls' football at Radnor Sevenoaks goes from strength to strength and the U13’s didn’t disappoint this week with 2 wins and 2 draws vs The Hawthorns.
- On Thursday, the Radnor Rugby team were in action at the Kent U13 Sevens tournament. The team performed admirably and won 2 out of 4 games in their group. Hendrik and Alastair were unstoppable forces with Jack being our play maker. Well done also to Max and Nico for stepping up an age group and playing so well.
- We also wanted to highlight the excellent display by the U12A’s vs Sevenoaks Prep (especially Charlie P who scored our only try). Mr Green noted ‘we put tremendous pressure on the breakdown and our continuity has improved massively’.