Sporting Superstars: Week 15
Following a fantastic start to the 2019 sporting season, the Radnor teams finished the half-term in style with wins in Netball, Rugby and Football.
- On Tuesday, the U18’s were up against Beechwood Sacred Heart. The game was full of end to end play with all the girls working together to pull off a solid victory, going from 14-14 in the last quarter to a brilliant 25-17 win in the last 8 minutes! Eleanor was voted most valuable player but credit must go to all the girls for a brilliant team performance.
- On Thursday, the U15’s travelled to Sevenoaks School. Following some dreadful weather recently, the girls were delighted to be playing in the (almost Spring) sunshine. The match was closely fought, but Radnor emerged as worthy eventual winners at 13-10, with Sarah voted player of the match.
- Not to be outdone, the Prep U8’s rounded off a great week of Netball with a solid 3-0 win vs Hilden Grange. Another great team performance with Lottie named as player of the match.
- Wednesday afternoon saw two of our girls’ teams travel Sevenoaks Prep for a quality afternoon of football. It was all smiles in the sunshine as the U13’s secured a 4-0 victory. The U12’s played two exhilarating games winning 3-2 and 7-0, with goals coming from all angles.
- This week the boys’ Rugby teams were in action in a triangular fixture vs Bethany and Lingfield. The two teams worked hard and walked away with 2 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss. For the U12’s Nico was outstanding in both attack and defence, particularly in the 3-0 victory over Bethany. In the U13 team, special mention must go to Alistair who scored 3 times as they won 4-2 also against Bethany.
As we look ahead to a packed sporting schedule in March and April, we wish all of our sporting pupils, staff and parent supporters a relaxing and restful half-term break.