Good careers advice is of prime importance at Radnor House Sevenoaks and forms a fundamental part of the students' education.
Good careers advice is of prime importance at Radnor House Sevenoaks and forms a fundamental part of the Sixth Form education.
We recognise that employers today are looking not only for academic results but also evidence of other skills such as critical thinking, problem-solving, oracy, leadership and teamwork. As such, the school offers a wide range of curricular and enrichment sessions which help Sixth Form students hone these in-demand skills:
- Duke of Edinburgh Awards: Bronze, Silver and Gold
- School Debating Club & Churchill Public Speaking Competition
- T20 Programme: A series of university-style lectures and tutorials focusing on theory of knowledge, current affairs and discursive skills
- Work Experience Programme (Year 12): In partnership with the Medway Education Business Partnership
- Networking Evening: A chance for pupils to put their networking skills into action as they meet with and learn from established professionals and hopefully make some contacts for the future.
- Barclays Lifeskills: a programme sponsored by Barclays Bank which helps young people understand and develop the key skills, aptitudes and values that will help them succeed in the 21st Century workplace.
- Young Enterprise: Year 12 pupils are given the opportunity to develop their commercial acumen and entrepreneurial skills through setting up a business and selling their own products to the general public.
- An unrivalled co-curricular programme