Role: Grounds Apprentice
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8.00am – 17.00pm
Start date: ASAP
Radnor House Sevenoaks has an exciting opportunity for a Grounds Apprentice to join the Estates Team. The successful candidate will support the Grounds Manger in the maintenance, conservation, and enhancement of the school grounds, working collaboratively with colleagues as part of a professional team. As part of the role, the apprentice will undergo a level 2 apprenticeship scheme at Hadlow College lasting 24 months. This is a full-time position with one day per week at college during term-time.
We require a candidate who can:
• manage and develop working relations for the faculty and with other colleagues
• work positively and constructively within their team and with other colleagues
• think creatively and imaginatively, investigate, solve problems, and identify opportunities
• promote our core values of excellence, respect, courage, and perseverance
• As part of the apprenticeship scheme, you will need to attend college for one day each week for your programme study.
• The government require you to have a grade 4 in Maths and English.
- Competitive salary
- Extensive opportunities for CPD
- Free, high-quality lunches
- Pension scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Onsite gym
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
To apply for the role please send a completed application form, which must include a full employment history with explanation of any gaps and details of two referees, to HR at email@example.com
We reserve the right to interview candidates and appoint before the closing date therefore early applications are recommended.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for an Enhanced Disclosure.