What support will I get with my University application and life beyond Sixth Form?
During your time in Radnor House Sevenoaks Sixth Form you will be encouraged to give your future plans careful consideration and taken through application processes for University and Higher Education courses or into the world of work.
At Radnor House Sevenoaks we pride ourselves on the quality and outcomes of our University application service: for the past 6 years, 100% of pupils have gained access to their first choice institution, including many Russell Group Universities. Whilst you will always be pushed to excel and achieve your very best, our success here is very much down to helping you research and apply for the right course at the right university for you.
Our University Preparation Programme starts early. As applications are made at the end of Year 12, candidates need to have demonstrated not only genuine academic achievement and potential but equally, evidence of a passion for a particular area of study. As the saying goes ‘well done is better than well said’ and for this reason we strongly suggest our Year 11 students begin that process of gathering knowledge and experiences which set them apart from their competitors.
Our comprehensive University Preparation Programme involves:
- Information sessions for both students and parents at key points during the process
- Networking evening: a chance for sixth formers to meet and make connections with adults from a wide variety of career areas
- Rigorous work on preparation and completion of personal statements
- Regular discussions with students on the progress of applications
- Subject-specific help where necessary, particularly for students wishing to study at Oxford or Cambridge or those wishing to read Medicine, Dentistry or Vetinary Sciences.
- Development and collation of portfolios of work
- Relevant work experience which makes a genuine contribution to an application
- Mock interviews with specialists from both outside and within Radnor House Sevenoaks